Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reinforcements

Two nights ago, half of my mosquito bites flared up for some reason after it already stopped itching for two days (probably a reaction to lotion or body wash =\). I was so itchy! I couldn't take it and did what I was supposed to NOT do- scratch. The consequence of scratching was swolleness! It was a nightmare! I woke up every hour and slathered on hydrocortisone and Benadryl. At one point, I even put on dau (Asian menthol oil). I was in so much agony! The next day I went to work and bought a ton of stuff to help me.


Generic Benadryl, calamine, aloe vera, and another tube of hydrocortisone cause as you can see the other tube is near empty as is my Benadryl cream! I woke up this morning and feel a lot better. I was about to go to the gym when I realized I had pink calamine spots all over my legs LOL! Anyway, it's so great to finally have relief!

3 comments:

  1. omg! sounds painful! I know how you feel, the same thing happened when I went to Vietnam, hopefully all the creams and meds makes you feel better! it's definitely a flare up! ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks babe! It was painful! Did you use anything special to prevent scarring? I pray I don't get any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, my mom just put dau and it eventually faded, I was younger then..I pray yours don't scar at all! I doubt it will though since its not scabby and under the skin instead..

    ReplyDelete