Friday, November 11, 2011

FML?




Flying high above the clouds; I feel at peace.


Watched Harry Potter the Deathly Hallows Part 1 while chomping away on my Victoria's Secret brownies. After a few hours, I was hungry again.


$8.49 for olives, cheese spread, hummus, bruschetta, almonds, and lots of crackers. After Harry Potter, UP, and a nap, I arrived in Oahu.



So beautiful!!


Just mascara and brows. Not my best look lol.

So after we landed, we drove all the way to Mahaka Resort about 30 minutes from the airport to find out it went out of business!! I made reservations back in August. I had originally bought the room off of livingsocial for $393 for 5 nights. NOW I know why they were even on that site! To GET customers! Unfortunately not enough customers to stay open. Of course I received no notice of this. FML! Can't think on an empty stomach, so we went to eat while looking at our options.


From Blazing' Steaks. After about 3-4 hours of calling around hotels, we find out EVERYTHING is BOOKED or SUPER expensive. Why?! Cause there JUST happens to be a BIG convention this weekend in which Obama and other important people will attend. FML again! At this same moment, it dawned on me that I have an older cousin who lives in Oahu. After making a few calls, I was on my way to stay at his place with his wife and 5 kids.


Snacks for the road. My cousin's house was an hour away. The scenery was just breathtaking!





We finally arrived and just in time for dinner!





Home cooked food!


My lil cousin who I met for the first time. He's super cute and mixed! In the end, I do count my blessings and feel so blessed for the turn around in the events of the day! Have a good night! Until the next adventure in Oahu tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. O-M-G, I'm so sorry to hear about your hotel! I woulda been so pissed. I'm glad you had family on the island to stay with. Hope you're enjoying your trip! Sidenote - Paul and I had that same hummus meal on the plane on our way to Oahu too! It was pretty tasty but the mints tasted gross haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill I appreciate it!! It ended up for the better! It turns out that resort is on the more ghetto side of the island. The Hawaiians there don't like tourists to stay in their area. So in the end it wasn't too bad :) haha the hummus pack was good! I actually lost the mint but from your description, I'm glad I didn't try it haha! Thanks for all the places to eat ESP Ted's Bakery! I had it yesterday and it was so delicious!

    ReplyDelete