Saturday, December 10, 2011

Quality time

Busy and conflicting work schedules = less quality time with the bf. Finally on Friday after work, we spent the evening hanging out. This continued on through today.

Friday:
Dinner at Azteca a Mexican restaurant with wall to wall to ceiling of Elvis Presley memorabilia. I love Elvis!


That's the ceiling!


Me cheesing it


Simple small plate of nachos (beans are under)



Carne asada taco with their famous garlic sauce (I could still smell the garlic the next morning =\ nonetheless it was delicious!)


Rice, beans, and a tamale. The bf had a tostada but he was too hungry so I couldn't get a pic lol!


I love spicy food! I had to ask for extra jalapeƱos. After dinner, we headed to Disneyland.





We weren't staying long so we parked at Downtown Disney. Super packed day so I made my own parking spot like a typical Asian lol! Once inside, the bf treated me to ice cream! It was freezing cold out but I still had to have my ice cream cone from the Gibson Girl ice cream parlor.


Mint n chip with a candy cane and chocolate covered waffle cone. After this, we headed over to Small World and waited about 30 mins in line.











While waiting in line, I noticed the circle around the moon.


Can barely see it but it's there lol!! We wanted to see the eclipse but we forgot to set our alarms. Oh well...








I didn't take any more pics inside cause I was recording to later show my nephew.

Saturday:
We started our morning with a 3 mile run and 1 mile walk. Then we took our dogs to the park for 20 mins. After that, I took forever getting ready lol! Finally at 2, we went to get our first meal of the day. We decided to try this raw food restaurant called 118 Degrees. It's not entirely raw. If there is anything cooked, it's cooked no higher than 118 degrees. That's the temperature they believe is before food loses its nutrients. Very interesting! It was better than I had hoped for! So many different flavors in combination!





Veggie lasagna without any pasta


Bento plate with a burrito, chocolate truffle, mushrooms stuffed with pesto and some red sauce, and kale salad. We each had a mushroom. It was so good the bf ate the last one before asking me. What do I do?


Order more :) Of course I had to have dessert after!


We split the chocolate truffle which was literally one bite as a whole. Not enough... Then we ordered an apple cobbler.





It was so delicious!! Though there was no crust (my favorite part of all pies), there was some interesting nutty stuff under the apple slices. That concludes part of my weekend. More to come :)

1 comment:

  1. yay to quality time and ice cream!!! that 118 place sounds interesting, i'll definitely have to check it out some time this month, the pie looks yummy!! i like your lippie, is that candy apple?

    ReplyDelete