Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Proud

Today I attempted to do two things I've never done so far. The outcome: not bad, not bad at all if I don't say so myself :)

First I was inspired when I saw this post from Giang. It's gradient nails done simply without any sponge. I've always wanted to try gradient nails but was always lazy. Seeing how quick and easy Giang made it, I decided to try it. Also because I had most of the same colors :p


Right to left of the order I used: Orly nail defense, OPI wocka wocka, OPI gettin miss piggy with it, OPI crowne me already, China Glaze fairy dust, and Poshé top coat. I normally use Seche Vite but I ran out.


Not bad even though you can see where some of the colors end and begin lol. But from far away it looks really nice though. I can't stop staring at it while at work :p

The other thing I tried was to make Mapo Tofu. A dish with ground meat, tofu, and a normally reddish sauce. I bought the sauce and added in tofu and meatless ground meat lol. During the week, I limit my meat intake just cause of all the bad stuff I've read about it. At one point, I was a pescatarian (I really didn't label myself anything) in which I only ate seafood. Being one, I was at my thinnest of 105lbs. But after two years, I cracked and gave in to meat. One reason was because I felt silly going out with friends and avoiding meat, yet I didn't want to tell them the truth. The other was because I truly love food. Going back to limiting meat, I do it for two reasons: 1. the bad things about it (ie injections of hormones, ethical reasons) and 2. without it, I was at my thinnest. So in hopes of having less weird stuff in my system and staying at a comfortable weight, I choose to eat it just on the weekends. But if it's called on any given day, I won't deny :p Okay enough rambling.


Not bad for my first time! I bought mild though so after this pic, I covered it in sriracha lol. Next time I'll try the hot one. Anyway, happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. they turned out pretty, babe!! i like the colors you picked, they're so festive! good job!! that tofu and meat looks yummy, too! i can imagine eating it over rice!

    ReplyDelete