Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year's Weekend in SF

I wanted to get away from the same old OC crowd for the new year. Conveniently Giang and her BFF were going to San Francisco, so I tagged along (thanks ladies for allowing me to join you for all the crazy festivities!). All my friends back at home were going to a rave so I did NOT want to be caught dead doing that. Here are random pics from the weekend from my phone.


My texting gloves that I bought for SF and ended up forgetting them of course...


Giant Mexican candy! I ate this in two days lol!


Road trip with the bf.


I missed brunch with the ladies and their bf's so the bf and I grabbed lunch at some small place called Papito. Different salsas all so tasty!





A burger with fries that were basically just slices of a potato. It was all so delicious! The meat was juicy!


After meeting up with them, we went to Twin Peaks and then Fisherman's Wharf. There, we got yummy warm filling clam chowder!


After walking around Fisherman's Wharf for a few hours, we went to Mitchell's separately (not by choice but due to mapquest leading us in different directions lol). They had so many exotic flavors! I wish I could have tried them all. I ended up with macapuno (coconut) and ube (taro). So delicious!! It was so creamy and flavorful! I wish OC had a Mitchell's. The bf got halo halo flavor. It tasted like halo halo haha!





We checked into our nice hotel at the Baylanding Hotel. After getting ready for two hours, we met up everyone for some predrinking and then partying to ring in the new year.








Who wore it better? Lol jk!


Drunkenness lol








<3


When I'm buzzed my eyes get bloodshot gahh!


Mine and Thuyle's heels. May hers rest in peace! They were left in the taxi can =\











Where we rang in the new year. It was so nice! I kept saying I felt like I was in Greece LOL!























We're so buzzed lol!


The bf and I


With Thuyle's bf Kevin


All of the boys with Hieu


Dancing the night away





The bf took this pic and that's the face I give him puhahaha


The day after lol. We met up for bruch.








Pastrami sandwich. Mouthwatering goodness!


On to Bi-Rite ice cream. Such a long line that wrapped around the corner!


So many flavors! I ended up with salted caramel which was just heavenly!


We went to Union Square and took the trolley down to the Wharf and walked to Lombard St. Such a workout walking up a steep hill!


Something random I saw at the top of Lombard St. After all that exercise, we were starved and went to Chabaa Thai Cuisine.





So cute how they made the straw paper into a rose for the Thai tea!


Soup


Duck fried rice


Pad see yoo (I've seen so many diff spellings so just ignore the misspelling of mine lol).


We walked around Union Square after. On to the last day. We met for brunch and then was on our way home.


I stopped by a subdivision of Petco (by Petco but not Petco) and saw these cute shoes! I would have gotten them for my dogs but they chew up shoes I buy them lol.


We went to eat at Banana Island


I forgot the name of this but it's basically like Indian naan but more like and flaky with a side of coconut curry. I loved it!!


Spicy chicken wings


Spicy beef


Noodles


Calamari


I liked how this looked like a rose lol! After half way home, the bf and I stopped by Harris Ranch for dinner and to take a break.


Split pea soup


Tri tip blue cheese flatbread


Pot roast with mashed potatoes and veggies. This place is so good! I've stopped by there on 2 other occasions with my dad. That sums up my mini vacation to SF for the weekend to ring in the new year. So many good food eaten, lots of pictures taken (more on camera), and most of all memories made that will never be forgotten. So many laughs to be had!

2 comments:

  1. <333 your SF photos! Loved all your eats. Banana Island's roti is so good! There's this place in Daly City called Burma Cafe and they have something similar and just as tasty. Next time you're in SF you have to try Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous's ice cream. I like it better than Bi-Rite & Mitchells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely check those places out and any others you recommend! I love the roti! I never knew of it until I went to to banana island. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete